It was sold at the dealer earlier this spring. Kubota’s k008-5 conventional tail swing small excavator will replace the k008-3 model through a number of upgrades.
Powered by a 10.3 HP Kubota engine conforming to the stage V standard, the 2315 pound k008-5 provides a high power to weight ratio.
“With the new k008-5 and u10-5, we now have 13 compact excavator models, ranging from 1 to 8 tons of weight, and now have greater flexibility in traditional and minimum tail cycloids. All our dash generation 5 models are carefully designed and equipped with more customization features to keep customers working efficiently and comfortably,” said Patrick Baker, product manager of Kubota construction equipment.
The adjustable width track enables the excavator to easily pass through the narrow opening or expand its floor area, so as to obtain better stability during excavation. The track can be adjusted down to 2 feet 4 inches and widened by 2 feet 10 inches. The maximum excavation depth of k008-5 is 5 feet 8 inches, and the bucket excavation force is 2205 pounds.
The hydraulic hoses are hidden in the boom to protect them from damage. The service port is located at the end of the arm.
With the quick release barrel pin, accessories can be replaced quickly without tools.
The engine cover can be turned up to facilitate access to the engine and components, and the battery isolator can protect the machine from electrical faults.
Other features include:
- Maximum driving speed of 2.5 mph.
- Variable controls with ISO and SAE operating modes.
- Led boom lights illuminate the dark construction site.
- Retractable seat belts and alarms.
- The utility model relates to an engine safety starting system, which can prevent accidental movement of machines and accessories when starting an excavator.
- Foldable ROPS for easy transportation or moving at the door to work indoors.