Kubota’s new u10-5 small excavator weighs in the range of 1 ton, and the tail swing is almost zero – only half an inch above the track – with retractable landing gear, first-class excavation force and greater excavation depth and range.
The 2646 pound Petite main horse made its debut in the concrete world in Las Vegas.
“It’s a great machine that can work in a single lane, between houses or on fence lines,” said Patrick Baker, product manager of Kubota construction equipment “You can easily adapt to a very narrow, compact workspace.”
The manufacturer said that this ultra compact machine is very suitable for leasing, landscape, commercial buildings, residential buildings and utility buildings.
Hydraulically adjustable tracks can be moved from 30 inches to 39 inches to enter narrow spaces and optimize excavation performance.
“If you want to dig out a lot of dirt with the bulldozer blade, we suggest you put down the bulldozer blade and add it,” Baker said. “The bulldozer is also extended. You can do some fine grading and backfilling. The blade has a long way to go and is sometimes forgotten, but it is another very convenient tool for owners and operators.”
Kubota has updated the operator station to standardize the lever positions and modes of all its excavator models for consistency and productivity.
“There are mechanical levers in front. These will help you track,” Baker said. “In fact, you will use the sidestick joystick to operate the boom and boom inside the machine. This will provide you with more consistent excavation operation and more efficient operator position, because you will now see these same pilot controlled sidestick joysticks, from our 1 ton to our largest excavator kx080 – 4.”
Enhanced excavation and speed
The machine provides first-class bucket digging force at nearly 2400 pounds per foot in 1 ton space.
The excavation depth has increased by 3 inches over the previous generation to 5 feet and 11 inches. The excavation range is 1 foot to 10 feet and 11 inches long.
Excavators are not usually known for speed, but the u10-5 provides a travel pedal that can be switched between high and low speed, with a top speed of 2.5 mph.
“When it comes to renting a house, you’ve been running back and forth through the door of the house all afternoon,” Baker said. “That time adds up to the rent for another half day or a whole day.”
The 10.3 HP Kubota d722-e4-bh-3eu 3 PS e-tvcs engine that meets the stage V standard can be easily accessed under the operator’s seat for routine maintenance and inspection. Kubota’s three swirl combustion system reduces exhaust emissions, noise and vibration.
Other features include:
- A 300 pound frame for more secure positioning in the operator station.
- Two modes of control, with ISO and SAE operation modes, can be easily changed according to the preferences of the operator.
- The ROPS at the front of the machine gives it a minimum turning radius.
- The upgraded LED work light on the boom replaces the halogen light.
- Anti stripping seat and retractable safety belt to reduce the replacement interval.
- Give priority to foot space and leg space to improve operator comfort.
- Kubota said that the new model will be launched in the second quarter of this year.
- Machine weight: 2646 lbs
- Engine power: 10.3 HP
- Top speed: 2.5 mph
- Maximum excavation depth: 5 feet 11 inches
- Maximum range: 10 feet 11 inches
- Bucket breakthrough force: 2337 LB